Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday in Frankfurt !!

Rain, Rain, Rain , in Frankfurt today!
I went shopping, visited the old town, I didn't know and especially visited a temporary exhibition at the Städel Museum in Frankfurt. An incredible exhibition! "SCHWARZE ROMANTIK". I liked it very much!!






 And the exhibition !! 


Erwin Blumenfeld, Totenschädel, um 1932

Salvador Dali, Ballerina als Totenkopf, 1932
Gabriel von Max, Die weiße Frau, um 1900,
Carlos Schwabe, Die Welle, 1907
 The Städel Museum’s major special exhibition "Dark Romanticism. From Goya to Max Ernst" will be on view from September 26th, 2012 until January 20th, 2013. It is the first German exhibition to focus on the dark aspect of Romanticism and its legacy, mainly evident in Symbolism and Surrealism. In the museum’s exhibition house this important exhibition, comprising over 200 paintings, sculptures, graphic works, photographs and films, will present the fascination that many artists felt for the gloomy, the secretive and the evil. Using outstanding works in the museum’s collection on the subject by Francisco de Goya, Eugène Delacroix, Franz von Stuck or Max Ernst as a starting point, the exhibition is also presenting important loans from internationally renowned collections, such as the Musée d’Orsay, the Musée du Louvre, both in Paris, the Museo del Prado in Madrid and the Art Institute of Chicago.

And I bought this book !


---------------------------------------------------------

My hotel is busy tonight with the EMAs! Many artists are here, in my hotel. I'll go tomorrow to Festhalle to see the atmosphere. But I have no ticket and I don't really want to attend the show.
If Tokio Hotel was there, I 'd fight to enter. For sure !!

1 comment:

  1. ça à l'air joli... j'aime beaucoup l'architecture des maisons ! certaines peintures sont originales... (Fabienne)

    ReplyDelete